Tampa, FL, has 80 public schools that serve 53,400 students. Of these schools, 62 are elementary, 16 are high schools, 13 are middle schools, and three are combined elementary/high school complexes. There are also 38 private schools in the area with 29,980 total students.
US News and World Report ranked the top high schools as follows:
- Academy of Holy Names
- Middleton High School
- Admiral Farragut Academy
- Robinson High School
- Plant High School
Also, in Tampa, there are three institutions of higher education:
- The University of Tampa - Founded in 1931, is a private, coeducational university with about 4,000 students located on a beautiful campus.
- Hillsborough Community College - The main campus of Hillsborough Community College is located in Tampa and has three other locations around the county. It provides vocational training and college-level courses to more than 70,000 students per year.
- University of South Florida - The University of South Florida is a public research university with almost 40,000 students on five campuses throughout Florida.
Tampa, FL, has seven hospitals within city limits, and these hospitals serve a range of specialties. However, the leading hospitals are:
- Tampa General Hospital is a 1,133-bed general medical and surgical facility that is the only designated Level I Trauma Center for both adults and pediatrics in Pinellas County.
- The James A Haley Veterans Hospital - The VA hospital system is the largest integrated health care delivery system in the United States. Haley has more than 400 beds spread across 30 buildings on its 330-acre campus.
- St Joseph's Hospital - St. Joseph's is a premier, not-for-profit hospital with 680 beds and more than 3,500 employees offering a full range of healthcare services from primary care to the most advanced life-saving surgery.
- All Children's Hospital is a four-star hospital and is one of the best children's hospitals in the country. It provides pediatric care for infants, children, and adolescents and outpatient specialty services such as dentist and orthodontist offices.