There is a growing trend in the wellness world of holistic living. But, what does it mean? Holistic living means taking care of your physical, mental, and spiritual needs all at once. It's not enough to just eat healthy food or drink lots of water; you also have to take care of your mind and soul as well. Let's explore some basic tenets that fall under the umbrella term holistic living so that you can start incorporating them into your life today.
What is Holistic Living, And Why Should You Care?
The word holistic is defined as "a system/approach that recognizes the involvement of all aspects of a living system and seeks to balance those aspects." This means taking care of your physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs. It's not enough just to eat healthy food or drink plenty of water; you also have to take care of your mind and soul.
The above definition can be broken down into four simple tenets: diet (physical), exercise (physical), mindfulness exercises including meditation (mental), and prayer/contemplation time for self-reflection (spiritual). Here are some examples of how these principles could work in our daily lives:
Diet - eating foods that contain vitamins, minerals, protein, natural sugars from fruits and vegetables, fats from healthy sources like nuts and seeds
Exercise - regular physical activity in walking, running, or yoga to maintain a healthy heart rate and keep our muscles strong.
Mindfulness exercises- meditation is proven to help decrease stress levels, while prayer has been shown to reduce feelings of depression for many people. These can be done every day as part of your routine, or it could occur during a 'me time' once per week/month where you set aside 30 minutes strictly for yourself.
Prayer - when we're not praying formally, this may mean reflecting on what's going well in life to have something positive to hold onto during tough times. This might include writing down a list of things that make you happy or thanking someone for their kindness.
The Health Benefits Of Holistic Living
The term holistic living refers to the idea of applying a range of methods and techniques for bettering your health, well-being, and general outlook on life. This can be achieved through
- various physical activities such as yoga or Pilates;
- nutritional habits like eating more fresh vegetables while reducing sugar intake;
- emotional wellness with meditation and journaling;
- mental stimulation by reading books or listening to podcasts each day
Whatever you find beneficial in this regard is fair game when it comes to what you do under the umbrella of holistic living. Many benefits come from practicing these routines daily--from increased self-confidence to reduced stress levels and improved sleep quality. When we practice healthy habits during our off time, the benefits carry over into our sleep.
Through holistic living, you can be proactive about the quality of your life. The benefits of living holistically are:
- Better self-esteem
- Less stress
- Improved sleep quality
- Better health and fitness
- More mindful living
If you are looking to improve your life, then holistic living is for you. If you want to learn more about this practice, visit this website: https://seagatehealthandwellness.com or allow Dr. Suzanne Foley of Seagate Chiropractic in Tampa, FL to assist you to practice holistic living today effectively.
Getting Started With A Holistic Lifestyle: The Basics Of Healthy Living
Knowing the fundamental elements of holistic living and the benefits you can gain from it are just some of the first steps in starting your lifestyle change.
Holistic living is a practice that has been around for centuries all over the world, which means there's no one way to do it right. However, as people live healthier lifestyles, they often gravitate towards holistically-minded practices like yoga or meditation.
The truth about holistic living is that anyone can start incorporating this type of lifestyle into their life with small changes every day! This post will explain how to get started with a Holistic Lifestyle and keep going so you don't quit after only a few days/weeks because "it's not working."
You need to understand different aspects of holistic living before you can get started. For instance, there's no one specific way to do it right - so find what works for you. From here on out, we'll refer to the holistic lifestyle as simply 'holism.' First thing: know that holism is not just some new fad diet tricking people into thinking they're healthy when they aren't. It's been around for centuries all over the world, which means it's not going anywhere.
Know that holism is a lifestyle or way of life - and because of this, you'll need to be committed for the long term if you want sustainable results. A holistic lifestyle means changing your diet from one day to the next, but there are ways to do so without being vegan or vegetarian all year round.
If you're more adventurous than usual when it comes to food, then try adding in new healthy foods on top of what else you usually eat. Sleep is another element to focus on, as well as exercise and balancing your emotions.
Having discomfort can hinder the holistic process, and you might need to address any health issues ahead of time. However, finding the cause may be your first step, and eliminating pain and discomfort can drastically change your overall lifestyle and health.
Holistic Remedies For Pain Relief - Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic care can be used to treat pain, restore joint function and range of motion, relieve pressure on nerves, and help the body heal itself. Chiropractor treatment usually consists of a chiropractic adjustment, a manual manipulation done by hand, or spinal alignment instruments.
The goal is to align vertebrae that move out of place to reduce tension on the nerve roots as they exit through the ligaments at each level of your spine. A good chiropractor will advise what exercises work best for you based on how your injury occurred and where it hurts most. As well as providing relief from neck muscle spasms due to whiplash injuries caused by car accidents or falls, chiropractic treatments can offer relief from headaches and back pain.
Besides spinal care, chiropractors can also help with treating common aches and pains, like lower back pain or soreness in your legs.
One of the most important things for people who have been diagnosed with the condition that is causing them to experience chronic pain is finding ways to avoid it as much as possible. That's why holistic healing methods are so popular because they do not just focus on one area but rather work towards wellness all around the body by addressing any blockages in the flow of energy through someone's system.
While there are many theories about what causes illness and disease, some experts believe that stress often results from an inability to handle recurring challenges life throws our way without breaking down under pressure or losing sight of what brings us joy.
Different approaches to holistic healing depend on one's beliefs about the cause of a problem, but everyday practices typically do include;
- Protecting our mental and emotional well-being by exploring what stressors are present in life and finding ways to reduce them or handle them better
- Purifying the body through diet changes that focus on alkalinity, detoxing, and fasting when appropriate
- Strengthening relationships with others as well as ourselves so we can gain support from those around us who may have insights into how best to change behaviors that could be causing pain (like addictions)
- Self-care such as receiving professional massages regularly
A significant component for many people is also working towards eliminating any negative emotions they experience, such as guilt, anger, regret, and sadness.
A holistic living lifestyle is about so much more than simply what we put into our bodies or how often we get a professional massage. A holistic approach to life embraces all aspects of total well-being from within rather than without.
Common Misconceptions About Holistic Living
Holistic living is not to be confused with the New Age movement or new age thinking, which can sometimes include spiritual practices and beliefs. Instead, we need only to embrace natural ways of being aligned with our values and interests for holistic living.
The goal of a holistic lifestyle is not to become someone else but relatively your best self. What makes this so compelling for many people is that it provides an opportunity for personal growth without sacrificing who you are at your core."
Self-care, such as receiving professional massages regularly, getting good sleep, exercising regularly, and eating well-balanced meals (lots of fruits & vegetables), has been my well-being approach.
Helpful Tips on How To Live A Healthier Life With Less Stress?
Dealing with stress and anxiety is never easy, but it doesn't have to be a constant battle. Unfortunately, many people believe that stress and worry are just part of life after a certain age. But there can be ways you can live healthier with less stress both now and in the future.
With holistic living, you can learn how to eliminate stress, anxiety, and depression.
Here are some helpful tips on how to live a healthier life with less stress:
- Take a break from technology by unplugging for at least one hour a day. This is the best way to reduce your dependence on social media, television, cellphones, and other tech devices that can be stressful or tempting if they're within arm's reach. In addition, by taking this time off each day, we start to notice activities in our surroundings like nature sounds or children playing outside, giving us new energy and improving our moods.
- Start eating more vegetables; as much as possible! Vegetables contain essential vitamins (A-C) that promote relaxation. They also help lower blood sugar and blood pressure, so your mood will be elevated too.
- Exercise at least 30 minutes each day; it's a great way to release endorphins that make you feel good about yourself! Exercise also helps reduce anxiety by releasing tension in the muscles and body and decreasing stress hormones like cortisol.
- Listen to calming music or nature sounds when exercising - it can help with muscle relaxation. Try yoga, where they use soothing chants during exercises for an even more, relaxing experience.
- Consider training sessions like pilates or hiking on weekends to destress from work-life because these activities are often free of smartphones (or any technology). Instead, promote mindfulness through physical activity, lifting heavy objects, breathing deeply into the lungs while taking deep breaths, and concentrating on the present moment.
- Get enough sleep - it's essential for mental health to balance exercise and rest!
To live a holistic life, you need your physical needs taken care of as well. Exercise is one way to combat stress, destress after work hours, and release endorphins that make you feel good about yourself!
There are many different ways to get moving, including exercising during lunch breaks by stretching like seated side bends where you sit with legs in front, bending your right arm over the left knee, and your left arm over the right knee. You can also get a quick workout while you're waiting for the bus by doing jumping jacks or squats, which are excellent exercises if you don't have time to go to the gym.
If you live near water, going for a swim is another way of getting exercise and taking care of your physical health.